Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ian and his eye appt

Well we got to see Dr Elsas yesterday. They must have been running behind something fierce because we were there for over 2 hours. That's a first for us there. But Ian does need the eye muscle surgery like I thought would happen. The good news is is that it isn't an emergent surgery. We just need to decide when to do it. Hopefully it will improve the way he holds his head when he sits and walks. He holds his head back to focus his eyes. His current prescription is helping but his eyes still cross when he looks up even with his glasses.

The surgery would be outpatient and Dr Elsas is one of the best but it does mean putting him under general anesthesia which is always scary for us and him. Luckily Perry was asking the questions because eye surgery freaks me out. I have a thing about my eyes. Plus Ian was being Ian and getting into everything while the dr was talking.

So it looks as if Ian will have the surgery this summer. We want to go ahead and get it done before sis arrives and he starts school and while he still has his Medicaid to help pick up the copays. So now we just have to figure out when and get it scheduled.

That's all for now. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm finally starting to catch up on the blogs here and I read both your posts! Whoo! You are busy! I'm glad to hear that Ians eye muscles can be corrected even though it is scary being under anesthesia! Eye stuff freaks me out too! My husband Ian wants to have laser eye surgery to correct his vision, he's blind as a bat! I told him I'd drop him off and pick him up! LOL! Good luck getting things scheduled for his surgery this summer! We will keep him in our prayers that things go very smoothly! Oh, I hated the glucose tests too! What a pain! I also had worried about having someone available to watch my older girls when I had Sonya... I hope everything works out for you in that department! Things like that always seem to, so don't worry too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about the general anesthesia worry. Ellie was under general for her MRI so I know how you feel. It made me a nervous wreck, but it is actually safer in the long run in the event an emergency occurred. I hope his surgery goes well. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete