Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ian and Lil Sister Update

Ok, so I'm not really great at keeping this blog updated but I have a very active 3 year old boy who is constantly on the move. What can I say?

Ian got his first set of tubes on Monday, May 4. I do have to say that that was the fastest surgery he has ever had. Luckily, they could just use the gas and not intubate him or give him an IV. We were in and out of Children's in Bham in 3 hours which is a miracle for us. That doesn't include the 2 hour trip home both ways. By the time we were home, he was his old self. He had sucked down half of my chocolate milkshake that we had for lunch on the way back home and then he and I slept the rest of the trip home.

We have reached 22 weeks with his lil sister. I am getting more and more paranoid as it gets closer to 25/26 weeks. That's when everything changed with Ian. I am hoping to get to 32 weeks this time. I've been taking it as easy as I can this pregnancy as we think my stress level had a lot to do with Ian's coming early. We are know in the process of trying to find names for our little girl. This is hard. I have names that we like but that don't flow well with Bankester and we really want a short first name since our last name is so long.

Ian went to a Bday party the weekend before his tubes and had a blast. Ran into some kids that were having a hard time believing he was 3 especially when there was another 3 year old right beside him. Oh well, Ian's just little and definitely doesn't let it stop him. At the beginning of the party, he was dragging me everywhere to play. At the end, I would look up and see him in his orange shirt heading off for a walk and not looking back. He definitely is starting to get braver in the world.

I always feel like a super overprotective mom whenever he is on a playground. I don't want him to fall off the equipment and it seems like he is always drawn to the sides where the holes are for the slide pole or other climbing apparatus is that he is so not ready for. Plus his balance is still a little wonky. Don't know if that his just from the achondroplasia or if his eye issues are contributing.

Got to go as my little parrot is asking for a book. Got to love that one of his words is Book. Warms this bookworm's heart. Guess I've done something right:)

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Ian's surgery for tubes was a quick and easy one! Don't you wish everything else was that easy?! I hear ya on picking out a short first name to go with a long last name... it's tough! With each of our 3 girls it took us almost all the way up until the day of their birth to pick their names! Best of luck finding one that works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the surgery went well. It's amazing how quickly those little tubes can be put in place, isn't it. Good luck with the name search for your baby girl. I think picking out a name is kinda stressful but you'll know once you find the right one. That's great Ian loves books!!! Ellie loves books, too.

    ReplyDelete