Thursday, June 4, 2009

The summer is packed

Whew!! Just got through with making all of Ian's dr appointments for the summer. We are trying to get as much done this summer as possible before 'lil sis arrives. Ian sure is a busy boy.
This month we are going to the dentist for the 1st time. My one question is Why do dentists think a one year old & up are able to go back by themselves and let strangers near them with sharp instruments and no other dr expects this? Ian is funny about his mouth and going through a separation anxiety phase. I refuse to let them restrain him or sedate him. Hopefully he will do well.

Ian also is going to start Water Babies this month for 2 weeks. We decided to do that instead of swimming lessons to start off with. Since he just got his trach out last summer we wanted him to get used to the water first. He's going to do this with daddy. This will be interesting.

Ian is also going to host a baby shower (with a grandma) this month as well in FL. This will be fun and the first of 2 showers. The grandmas missed out on this stage with Ian so they are having fun with 'lil sis. Hopefully I won't end up with all super frilly girl clothes but I have a feeling I will. He then has a bday party for our friend's son the next weekend. We love them and don't get to see them much. I've known the husband since 1st grade. How weird is that.

Ian will then see his orthopedist. Hopefully, he won't end up with a back brace. He's doing better sitting up straighter but I'm still worried.

Are you tired yet? I am. Now for July, Ian will have another shower to help with and then the next week have eye surgery. It's not an emergent surgery but we wanted to get it done now before there is more damage. Hopefully it is just the one eye muscle on each eye that is causing the problem and this will help with him looking up and not having to move his head to look up and holding his head back while he is walking. Then we a followup for that. So far July is not as booked as June.

August 10 starts Preschool at the elementary school. Hopefully, I will be able to see him off that week for his 2 days a week. August also starts back up with Playgym so that he gets that as 'therapy' and modeling. Sometime in August, 'lil sis will make an appearance as well, I think.

The summer is flying by and we still don't have a name for the little girl but with us that's par for the course. She probably won't have a name until right before I'm wheeled in for the c section. I can't believe I'm 36 in a couple of weeks either. Time sure has flown by. Hopefully we will have Ian's room redone in the next 2 weekends so that we can start setting it up for him and his sister. Nothing goes together like Cars and flowers. The house will be a tight fit for the next couple of years but by then we will be in a better financial position to buy a bigger house.

Next dr appt is in 2 weeks and that will be a milestone for us as we didn't reach that one with Ian, we will be 2 days short of 29 weeks. Already we have reached one milestone, at this point with Ian I was already in the hospital with HELLP. So I am now in completely uncharted waters. I don't know what's normal and what isn't. It's like being pregnant for the first time all over. I also think that his 'lil sis is already bigger than Ian was when he was born.

Oh well that's enough for now.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are super busy this summer!!!! I hope you find some time to relax and enjoy some of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax?! What does that word mean? I think I forgot once Ian was born!!

    ReplyDelete